Saturday, January 26, 2008

one for the guys

So, let me start by saying, according to what I’ve seen and/or been told I am one of the few lame people left on this earth who has not seen Super Bad. Big deal, right?!! Well, I’m told that I need to see it to complete my life. Hahaha yea, so that probably won’t happen. I find it kinda starange that when I was 19 the guys (yea guys not gals as I just don’t mesh too well with gals) I hung with respected me too much to let me sit along side them and watch a movie such as Sin City or whatever American Pie was out at the time. Now, at nearly 23 the guys I hang around (who happen to be a completely different group, they’ve never even met my old posse) nearly demand that I see Super Bad. I’ve been told that this movie would offend me far too much for me to see it. Now, I’m not some up tight goody too shoes, but I just don’t feel that I have to subjet myself to extremely crude humor. I said this to my guys. They told me to “man up” esspically if I wanted to someday work as a tour manager/manager for bands as 90% of the business is male. WHAT? Needless to say that since my guys are all from work, some one was scrubbing drains and it wasn’t me. HA!
Now I really don’t know how to take “advice” from someone like that. Even more so since they have the strangest opnions on women and relationships. A subjet that I may argue about, but since I’ve had the same number of boyfriends that Fall out Boy has had failed records (hmmm that would be ZERO) I never get much in edgewise. Now I love my guys, don’t get me wrong and tomorrow will be another great day hanging with them, but it’s times like this (their umm lets say their slightly schovinistic opnions and behavior) that really don’t make me wonder why I’m still single.
I am the type of girl that is a “guys girl”. Since I was 6 months old my best friends have always been guys. I was the biggest tomboy, stopped everything on a dime for any sport, and wouldn’t think twice about thorwing a punch or two. Only 3 times in my life have my closeest friends been gals. I usually can’t stand gals. Their too catty. I mean don’t get me wrong, I love to go out with my girls too, but I’ve always been closer to the guys. It was like having older and sometimes younger brothers. Okay, now I’m older and I do enjoy dressing up a bit, and I go to shows with my girls because it’s weird to talk about the hotness of all the bands with my guys.
So, is it weird that my guys are all for this great beast of a movie Super Bad and would throw all of my thoughts and feeling to the wind for a crude laugh? Or am I just over reacting? I usually don’t mind these discussions that we have, but this has been going on for months now. I guess for now I’m just protesting the movie until someone can convince me otherwise. Hmmmm . . . ..

No comments: