Saturday, January 26, 2008

Nirvana and Papa Roach

Alright, so I love working on days that we play good mucis. Don’t get me wrong I love Frank Sinatra and James Brown. Sia is great, we’ve been playing a lot of great music lately. But recently Starbucks (my place of work, yes you want cofee now right!) has added some great music to their playlist and I couldn’t be happier. I had a pretty crappy and depressing week, yea, Tuesday’s tragedy has definitely taken a toll on me. I came in today reday to snap the next person I saw in half. I’ve just been out of it this week, I can’t sleep, at least not at night. I even snapped at my kids this week (the ones I teach, I have no children) and I never do that. So I was so thrilled to hear Death Cab For Cutie and then one of my all time favorites . . . . Nirvana. Yay!!! The night got so much better. Then one of the guys played them again, I guess I kinda scared him, good!!!

Oh, and the last tid bit of the night. One of the guys started free-styling, cause that what we do at our Starbcuks, ahaha. Anyway, it was with the lyrics (that he knew) of Last Resort by Papa Roach. I alwayssmile at Last Resort. For 5 reasons:

1. I know just about everyone in the music video!!!!
2. Their from right here in Vacaville, Ca. My beloved hometown. NOT Sacramento!!
3. My older sisters have dorky band camp photos of Coby from highschool when they used ot hang out. My little sister was friends with Coby’s younger brother and I teach one of his little relatives (cousin/niece I’m not sure).
4. I was on campus and sncuk out into the hallway when MTV was at my school my junior year to do their documentry.
5. The best Chinese food on the planet can be found at Imperial China Kitchcn or Imperial to save breath. This happens to be P Roach’s fav Vacaville joint and mine as well. When you walk in you’ll see their photos everywhere! From garage band days to the most recent magizine article!!! Come to Vacaville and I will take you to the best Chinese on the planet aka Papa Roach’s favorite place!!

That’s all!!

No comments: