Tuesday, January 1, 2008

As 2008 begins

So, to start off 2008 I did something I’ve never done before. I got up as usual this morning, took Lucky out, made breakfast, this was about 10:30 or 11. Then since the tv was already on I sat on the couch and just watched. It was hockey. Never before in my 22 and a half years have I watched the sport. Unless you count all 3 of the Mighty Ducks movies! Okay, I didn’t actually watch the game because it took so long for the national anthem, which was Canada’s anthem by the way and America the Beauitiful, that by the time they introduced all the players I was bored. But for the record hockey players are not all oafish looking as stereotypes may be. It was as they announced two of the players that I started to drift off into Brownie Land! One of the players on the Penguins team (I only remember that because I happen to adore penguins!) had the last name of Crosby. That got me to think of Bing Crosby and other late crooners. That led me to think of the Rat Pack, then I began wondering if there was a film about the Rat Pack. It was then that Oceans 11 and 12 entered my head and I thought to myself “I still haven’t seen Ocean’s 13.” And then I thought about how I have Julia Roberts like(ish) teeth. So I went upstairs to brush my teeth because I had just eaten breakfast. That’s when my mom called me into the office to crawl under the desk to lok for somehting that we still haven’t found. It was an odd morning. But I feel good about this year. So many new chances and opportunities. I see so many things happening. But mostly I see myself gloing to sleep in the nest 35 minutes or so. So, good night!

No comments: