Thursday, October 23, 2014

It's a Date...I Think


Recently I had someone tell me about how frustrating it was for him and several guys he knew to date girls. I asked him to elaborate, as I think going on a date is actually quite simple.

I was told that it wasn't the date itself, it was the waiting for sex. 

EXCUSE ME?!?!

After a couple dates, I do understand that it could start to get expensive. But Guys, get creative. Have you heard of Pinterest? I have a whole board for you to check out. 

When I go out with a guy, although I sure as hell deserve it (as any woman does), I don't expect flowers, movies and a steakhouse. More than anything I expect a great conversation and good company. I would never turn down flowers, or diamonds, or baseball tickets, though.

Before I get off topic, let me just explain what I took away from that conversation: I'm not worth the price of dinner to a guy. I need to sleep with you for you to want to take me out. Well, what am I getting out of the deal? Are you that amazing? Will I faint from kissing you? No, I didn't think so.

This is why, though a date is quite simple, I hate dating. It can be fun to get to know a new guy and discover all kinds of great things you have in common. But the pressure of sex can ruin any new relationship. 

If I'm not worth the price of a meal to you, then get lost buddy. It's fun to flirt, but I'm quite busy and I can buy my own dinner.



(Found on Pinterest)

No comments: