Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Running around in circles

I’m as unorganized as I ever have been. So. I honestly don’t care. I look at my messy room and desk and agree that something should be done. But I just don’t feel like doing anything, yet. If I keep the door closed no one has to look at it anyway. And my dogs like me just as I am. Isn’t that what matters??? Okay, so I will tidy up a bit, but what should I do with all this stuff. I have tons of stuff. Stuff I want to throw away, give away, recycle, and such. So I start moving things around, I turn them into piles: RECYCLE, DONATE, TRASH, STORAGE, DESK/FILE, CLOSET. Yes that should be good. So now I have all this stuff “categorized” into six piles. Now I’m tired of cleaning and I think I’ll watch a season of Friends, perhaps season 4. But the piles are on my bed and in front of my book shelf. Okay that’s fine everything is already in piles anyway. So I move the RECYCLE and DESK/FILE piles back to my desk, I put STORAGE and CLOSET in open combined pile in the actual closet. I move DONATE back to where most of the stuff came from in the corner. And I actually walk down stairs and throw away the trash piles, because lets face it no one likes trash. I’m thirsty, so I think I’ll get a drink of water. Oh! On my way to the trash can I find a few boxes in the garage that will definitely help me get “organized”. So I get my drink and start to head back up stairs. A quick glance at my sleeping puppy sidetracks me and I sit down in the living room and start to go through a couple of piles in the living room. Hey! This is stuff I was looking for (4 magazines, endless pieces of mail, a couple pair of shoes, a sweater, sunglasses, and the black purse I tore up my closet searching for.)! this is great. I’ll just fill up these handy boxes and take them up stairs. Alright! Where should I put all this stuff from downstairs in the boxes from the garage that I got to help organize what was already in this room to begin with? Well, when I moved the STORAGE and CLOSET piles I made a small walk way on the floor. That looks like a good spot. Okay, now on to Friends season 4. Wait, wow! This room is kind of messy. I’m pretty unorganized. I don’t care I can still get to my DVD player. But really the desk is kind of distracting, maybe I should pick things up a bit . . . . .

Come on, who else cycles through this!

No comments: