Sunday, March 30, 2008

a poem by me was named lalalalala at one time but the new title is better suited for it

Without a parachute

Right now I’m a twenty something with many paths to take
I’ve struggled and now on the correct main path I’m not sure where to go
This is the point in life when no one tells you what to do
Most people want you to have some sort of trophy
Some way to say you’ve been somewhere
I’ve no prize for the learning curve I’ve driven
I’ve just a long list of the roads I’ve taken
Good advice I can give
And things that would end wrong I can foresee
The pain that we cause ourselves
I can tell you how to avoid
People tell me “oh I’ve heard that situation would be bad”
I can tell you exactly what will happen
Take four shrinks and pills every shade of the rainbow
I know what will come out of the machine
I’ve worked for lies and corporations
Governments and secret societies
Now that I’ve found myself
I’m no longer searching for something to fill a void
Right now I’m just longing for all my struggles to pay off
I’d hate to have suffered for nothing but vanity
Blood sweat and endless tears have left my body in near shock
The friends that used to come save me got tired of being used
Until now I didn’t know what it meant to live and give to others
But how do you just break in and make that difference
I don’t care too much for fortune and fame as much as I do for hope
I’ve let the battle wage on inside long enough
Without a fall back, I’m jumping from safety and routine

Megan Elizabeth Brown
9/06 and 3/13/07

No comments: